Abkhaz proverbs on old age and youth
· If he does not have teeth, his food has no taste.
· An old bull has only one beautiful thing - his horns.
· A person in his youth eats as much as his right hand can lift.
· Youth is a time for courage, old age is a time for reflection.
· He who was born once will die once.
· What you acquire in your youth, you won’t have in your old age.
· Ask an old man about the price of youth.
· Ask an old man what his tooth is worth.
· Death does not choose his victim by age.
· An old dog isn’t given milk to drink.
· He who wishes to die will not die soon.
· Respect old men in your youth, then you will be respected in your old age.
· After God, the oldest speaks.
· Youth uses force, old age uses wisdom.
· A man loses his patience in old age, and a woman loses her beauty.
· If you work hard as a youth, in old age you will have respect.
· Beauty is temporary, youth soon passes.
· Whether good, whether bad, you will not return to your past.