Some life circumstances of Fazil Iskander dedicated to his birthday
- Fazil Iskander was born in the family of the former owner of the brick factory of Arab origin. In 1938, the father of the future writer was expelled from the Soviet Union and Fazil not remove meet him again. Young Fazil grew with maternal abkhazian relatives.
- After graduating school with a gold medal in Sukhum, Iskander entered the Moscow Library Institute, from which he transferred to the Literary Institute of .A.M.Gorkogii.
- In the period from 1954 to 1956 years Fazil Iskander worked as a literary officer in the newspapers “Bryanski Komsomolets” and “Kurskaya pravda.”
- In 1956 Iskander moved to Sukhum and became an editor at the publishing house of the State department.
- The first book of poems was published on “Mountain trails” in Sukhum in 1957.
- Wide fame came to Iskander in 1996 after the publication of the novel “Constellation of Kozlotura”.
- Iskander's works translated in almost all European languages.
- One of the minor planets named after Fazil Iskander.
- In 2011, in Sukhum quay installed Chick monument – one of the heroes of Iskander works.
- Endurian people – fictional residents of Abkhazia, they came up with Iskander.
- Characters of Iskander and their adventures take place in a mysterious city Mukhus, whose location is still a mystery.